Italian Salad Dressing Recipe Better Than Store-Bought
Who does not love a delicious Italian dressing, it makes your salad tasty and nutritious. Try this easy-to-make Italian dressing for your salad and make your healthy recipes flavorsome. You can definitely try our other healthy recipes as well, so without wasting any more time, let’s jump onto the recipe.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients listed in a small bowl and whisk until well blended and creamy. Taste then adjust with additional salt or pepper.
- Alternatively, you can add all of the ingredients to a medium mason jar, secure the lid, and then shake until blended.
- Keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to three days. The dressing will likely last a day or two longer, but the fresh flavor of the garlic and herbs starts to degrade over time.
It's easier to prepare, you can watch the video for a better understanding. You can use this dressing to make various recipes.
- Oil may get hard when refrigerated, however, there is no cause for concern, you can put the jar in warm water for about a minute or two, and it will be back to normal.
- Nutrition facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
Credits: Adam and Joanne Gallagher (Inspired Taste)
Serving Size1 Table Spoon
Amount Per Serving Calories 71Total Fat 7.4gSaturated Fat 1.2gCholesterol 1.3mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 1.3gFiber 0.2gSugar 0.6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 0.5g